Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Ten Steps to Super Leadership...

I am here to keep my promise today. I had written a blog called 'Super Leadership' and talked about ten steps to super leadership. I am starting a series from today where I will be talking in detail about each step and how we can strengthen each of them to reach this exciting phase of leading ourselves and others.

First things first. Here is the older post to jog your memory:

I am very excited as I sit down to write this blog. It just fills me up with awe what new knowledge can do to our performance. Let me introduce you to a new term, 'SUPER LEADERSHIP'. I like to define super leadership as leadership that goes beyond traditional definitions of leadership. It is a trap in today's turbulent times to stick to the age old idea of leadership and try to accomplish just that at the workplace. No wonder so many good managers/leaders find themselves failing at their good attempts at great team work. Super leadership requires 10 distinct behaviors 1) to think differently and rapidly move to action 2) create partnerships in your immediate team rather than treat them like followers 3) exhibit unquestionable integrity 4) create business in tough times, come up with revolutionary streams of business 5) treat your department as your own business venture 6) be entrepreneurial than just an employee 7) forge unimaginable tie-ups with competitors and rivals 8) have a life of your own and personal space 9) have wisdom about not just your own area, but about your organization as a whole, and lastly 10) make every single person on your team benefit from success. Lookout for my detailed blogs on each step! Happy leading until then...and do give a thought to what I wrote here.

No comments:

Post a Comment